Africa | World |
Economy - Development | Politics | Society
African states listed under tough US security checks
afrol News, 4 January- Passengers, from at least 14 countries, arriving by air into the United States, will be subjected to tougher body screening. Those travellers from Nigeria, Libya, Somalia and Sudan from the African continent will be most affected.
According to official reports, the African states will join countries such as Pakistan, Syria, Iran, Yemen and Cuba among those to face tougher security checks on arrival. All the countries have been listed under high security risk following the foiled terror attack by a Nigerian teenager on a US aircraft during Christmas.
By staff writer
© afrol News
- Create an e-mail alert for Africa news
- Create an e-mail alert for World news
- Create an e-mail alert for Economy - Development news
- Create an e-mail alert for Politics news
- Create an e-mail alert for Society news
On the Afrol News front page now