Politics | Economy - Development | Society | Human rights
Italy to enhance security cooperation
afrol News, 13 January- Italy's Foreign Minister Franco Frattini has said Rome would back police and army training for Mauritania to help fight the threat of al-Qaeda. The pledge for support comes barely a week after al Qaeda linked group in the country claimed the kidnapping of two Italian nationals.
Mr Frattini said Rome is also intending to renew its cooperation with police and military training and also assist in the policing of borders and customs in the struggle against terrorism in the North African state which has become a hub for armed militants.
By staff writer
© afrol News
- Create an e-mail alert for Mauritania news
- Create an e-mail alert for Politics news
- Create an e-mail alert for Economy - Development news
- Create an e-mail alert for Society news
- Create an e-mail alert for Human rights news
On the Afrol News front page now